This is what the Republican Party is — not the Grand Old Party, but the Do The Wrong Thing Party — DTWT for short:
- The DTWT Party’s new “jobs” plan proposes to create jobs by gutting or eliminating anti-pollution regulations and by making it harder for workers to form unions. And by cutting taxes for everyone except the middle class and the working poor, of course. No jobs will be thus created, but all Americans will get to enjoy higher levels of deadly toxins, like mercury and coal ash, and lower wages in exchange for more unsafe workplaces.
- Eric Cantor announces that no federal disaster relief funds for individuals and communities harmed by the record floods and damage done to homes and property resulting from Hurricane Irene will be forthcoming unless cuts are made to other domestic human needs programs in the worst economic catastrophe since the Great Depression.
- The federal minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. Michele Bachmann wants to make it lower. This way, she says, U.S. employers will not be tempted to ship their jobs to third world countries where labor costs are much lower, because they will be able to pay their employees the same low wage they would pay their workers in China or El Salvador!! Let’s keep those sweatshop jobs here at home where they’re needed!!
- Hate-monger Bryan Fischer wants homosexuality to be made a felony crime, as he says it was before the Supreme Court overturned state sodomy laws in Lawrence v. Texas (2003).
- A man by the name of Mike Stahl, who refers to himself as the “pastor” of an Internet “church” called Living Waters, wants “self-admitted” atheists to be identified by name and location in a “Christian” national registry database. “I mean , think about it,” he says. “There are already National Registrys for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..” (Idiomatic spelling and spacing are in the original.)
Hate groups like the KKK. I like that one. Are there any mirrors in Mike Stahl’s home?